Brand ©Accueil Vélo
The national brand Accueil Vélo is under France Vélo Tourisme's control in order to give the best touristic welcome to cyclists. The brand concernes tourist offices, accommodations, bycicle rentals and repairs, and touristic spots. This providers are signalized by the logo Accueil Vélo. This quality approach is in progress in the area.
Itinerary next to Saint-Germain-en-Laye
On Nanterre -> Le Pecq : La Seine impressionniste
"Promenade bleue", nice Green Way on stabilized ground at Pierre Lagravère Parc at Rueil-Malmaison. Attention! Take your bicycle by hands to cross the dock of Nanterre. Safe crossing of Chatou's Bridge then you we'll find smalls streets under construction to join the banks of the Seine. Quiet streets along the Seine and bicycleway on stabilized ground to Le Pecq. Nice point of view.
To join the Green Way Paris / Londron from the Tourist Office of Saint-Germain-en-Laye
When you go out of the office, go on your left and take the second street on your left : "Rue de Paris".
Continu straight down on "Rue du Maréchal Lyautey".
At the traffic-circle of Place Royale, take the "Avenue du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny".
Cross the Seine by the Georges Pompidou's Bridge to join the Green Way.
Bicycle in train
You can take your bicycle in trains during :
- Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays,
- the other days before 6:30 a.m., between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., then after 7 p.m.
Your bicycle is under your supervision.
Go in car with a bicycle symbol and keep it by hands.
You can't take escaltors.
Informations available at the Tourist Office (only on-site consultation):
- From London to Paris by Bike
- Paris-Londres à Vélo, Avenue Verte London-Paris
- Balade à vélo en Yvelines
For further informations (in French):
· Tourist office of Saint-Germain-en-Laye
· Tourist office of Maisons-Laffitte
· Bicycle rentals / Bicycle repair and maintenance at Sartrouville: Cycle Naturel / Locaz Bike
· Bed and breakfast « Chez Patrick » at Maisons-Laffitte (Mr. Hofleitner)